Problems Sleeping? Get Help Now! Call 808.526.0670 Today!
About Oral Appliances
While the CPAP was once the primary treatment for sleep apnea, the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine considers oral appliances to be the first and foremost methods of treatment for mild to moderate cases of sleep apnea, and for those who cannot tolerate CPAP therapy. Oral appliance therapy (OAT) is increasingly gaining popularity as a first-line treatment option for many persons diagnosed with mild to moderate sleep apnea.
Oral Appliance Facts
- Oral appliances position the lower jaw and base of the tongue forward and away from the back of the throat.
- Oral appliance therapy has been shown to be highly effective in treating mild to moderate sleep apnea cases, with success rates as high as 90%.
- OAT has a much higher rate of acceptance by patients and is considered the one of the best alternatives to treating sleep apnea for those who are non-CPAP compliant
- Many patients say it’s as easy as putting in a custom mouthpiece before going to sleep, and claim to feeling refreshed upon waking after the first night of use.
- Oral appliances are best custom fitted and administered by a specially trained dental sleep medicine professional, who will take impressions to fit a unique oral appliance to each patient, and then adjust, or calibrate, the appliance over time to achieve maximum relief.
"Better Sleep Better Life !"
Dental Sleep Medicine Hawaii
1888 Kalakaua Ave. Ste C311
Honolulu, HI 96815